Modern Dentures Columbus Ohio
Modern dentures are… well, a modern take on replacing teeth that have become loose or lost. Although dentures have been around for centuries, they weren’t always comfortable. Historically, dentures were known to be ill-fitting, uncomfortable, and sometimes difficult to put in and take out. Modern dentures have all the advantages of traditional dentures without the discomfort and functional difficulties.
Here’s the run-down on modern dentures…
- they act as a removable replacement for missing teeth
- denture appliances can be either full or partial (depending on your needs)
- sometimes patients receive immediate, or temporary, dentures before permanent ones are made
- once you begin healing, we will follow up to see if adjustments are necessary
- optimal fit may take several appointments (we want to be sure you’re comfortable)
- sometimes, teeth may need to be extracted before new dentures can be placed
Like everything else we do at Wooten Dentistry, we promise you won’t go home without pertinent treatment plan information. We’ll give you the scoop on cleaning, handling, soaking, and storing your dentures.
Depending on your needs, denture check-ups may be necessary. If so, we will examine and professionally clean your appliances and check for any discomfort or slippage.
Think Dentures Might Be the Solution You Need?
If it’s been a while since you’ve had your last check up, there’s no need to fret – we are here to help! We can get back on track with your dental care. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.