Modern Dentures Clintonville Ohio
What are Modern Dentures?
Modern dentures are… well, a modern take on replacing teeth that have become loose or lost. Although dentures have been around for centuries, they were not always comfortable. Historically, dentures developed a reputation for being ill-fitting, uncomfortable, and sometimes difficult to put in and take out. Modern dentures provide all of the advantages of traditional dentures, without the discomfort and functional difficulties that plagued denture wearers in the past.
What Is There to Know About Modern Dentures?
Thanks to evolving technology and advances in modern dentistry, dentures are now made of more lightweight and comfortable materials. These new materials also allow for a better fit and improved functionality when chewing and speaking. Full dentures can replace all of the teeth in a dental arch while partial dentures replace several teeth in a row. Typically held in place with brackets and wires, partial dentures are a great solution if you’re missing some, but not all of your teeth.
Here’s the run-down on modern dentures…
- They are easily inserted and act as a removable replacement for missing teeth.
- Depending on your condition, you may need either a full or partial denture appliance.
- In some cases, patients may receive a set of temporary dentures immediately while the lab constructs their permanent dentures.
- Once your mouth gets used to wearing them, we will follow up with regular appointments to make necessary adjustments so that your dentures fit comfortably.
- We want to be sure you're happy with your new dentures, so we will provide all the necessary adjustments to ensure a perfect fit. This could take a few appointments over time.
- In some cases, one or more teeth may need to be extracted before you can be fitted with new dentures.
What Can I Expect When Getting Modern Dentures?
Like everything else we do at Wooten Dentistry, we promise you won’t go home without pertinent treatment plan information. You’ll be empowered with the knowledge needed to maintain the health and strength of your new dentures. Our team will give you the scoop on cleaning, handling, soaking, and storing your dentures to keep them looking their best.
Remember, we are always available to answer any questions you have as you adjust to wearing your new dentures. In most cases, supplemental check-ups will be necessary to ensure that they are fitting comfortably and functioning optimally. During these follow-up visits, we will examine and professionally clean your appliances, and check for any discomfort or slippage. If any adjustments need to be made, we will make them to ensure your maximum comfort.
If you’re ready to replace those missing teeth with a set of new modern dentures, please contact our office via phone, email, or schedule an appointment online to find out if dentures may be suitable for you.
Think Dentures Might Be the Solution You Need?
If it’s been a while since you’ve had your last check up, there’s no need to fret – we are here to help! We can get back on track with your dental care. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.