Our Dental Office and Your Safety
Your health and safety are our primary concerns at Wooten Dentistry. We take every precaution to protect our patients and staff from germs and bacteria. Our highly trained staff takes great care to sanitize all surfaces and sterilize reusable instruments to provide the safest possible environment when you visit our office.
How Do We Keep Our Dental Office Safe?
Our staff closely adheres to the recommendations and best practices put in place by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
We use state-of-the-art dental autoclaves and steam sterilizers to ensure our reusable dental instruments are safe and ready to use. Routine sterilization using these machines safely eliminates harmful bacteria and viruses via steam, pressure, and extreme heat.
Our staff uses disposable PPE during each patient visit, such as facemasks, face shields, and gloves. Disposable equipment like brushes, gauze, and floss are carefully discarded after each use. Preventive measures that are taken in our office include:
- Ensuring a constant supply and use of disinfectant hand soap and sanitizer in the office
- The use of disposable equipment and materials whenever possible
- Regular sanitizing of surfaces and countertops with EPA-approved chemical disinfectants
- Proper sterilization of reusable equipment after each use via a dental autoclave
Proper Sterilization of Reusable Instruments
Dental instruments utilized during procedures and exams that cannot be thrown away are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized between each use. We take the following precautions to ensure that proper sterilization practices are adhered to:
- Cleaning - Before sterilization, all instruments are thoroughly washed using ultrasonic cleaners that remove bacteria, germs, and other debris.
- Packaging - Once cleaned, instruments are wrapped in sealed wrappers before being sterilized. They remain sealed in these airtight packages until needed.
- Sterilizing - All reusable dental instruments are sterilized using FDA-approved dental sterilization machines, such as dental autoclaves.
- Disinfecting - All sterilizing machines and surfaces are regularly sanitized using EPA approved surface disinfectants.
Your Health and Safety is Our Priority
We want our patients to feel safe and secure, knowing we adhere to strict guidelines in providing the safest environment possible for each appointment. Our staff is regularly trained on the cleaning and sterilization protocols set by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the CDC.
These procedures are part of our strategy in protecting you and your family from infectious diseases, viruses, and bacteria. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office via phone, email, or schedule an appointment online.